The National Smokejumper Association Colorado Chapter site for information on trail and work projects taking place in Colorado. Maintained by Bill Ruskin (CJ '58).

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Planning Begins for November 9 Meeting on Storm King /South Canyon Memorial

Dear NSA crew,
 
I just wanted to update you on the status of the November 9th meeting.
So far, Shelley Kaup can attend as the Glenwood Springs City Council
representative.  Kay Hopkins just recently took a job with the White
River National Forest, but said that someone from the BLM will
definitely be able to participate.  Kay and I will be in touch within
the next couple of weeks to determine who the best point of contact will
be.  
 
Bill, I believe Nancy Shanks from CDOT had put you in touch with her
"sign guy" - do you happen to have a name/email/phone # for that person?
I know that the trail maintenance is your main area of interest; so I
would love to help expedite the process with improving signage to the
Storm King trail and memorial (if I can)!
 
Let me know as we get closer what time would work well for all of you on
November 9th and I can come up with a couple options for a venue.
 
K ind
 Regards,
 
Lindsey Lewis

Dear Kay, 
 
Thank you so much for getting back to me - I hope your days out of the
office were enjoyable!  I just spent a couple weeks out of the office as
well, so I completely understand how time consuming it can be to get
through all the emails that pile up.  Congratulations on your new
position with the White River National Forest!  What will your role be
with them?  I will definitely tou ch base with you in a couple weeks to
s
ee who the best point of contact will be for this project moving
forward.  
 
Kind Regards,

Lindsey Lewis
Marketing Project Manager
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
1102 Grand Avenue
Glenwood Springs, CO  81601
 
Phone| 970-945-6589 x110
Fax| 970-945-1531
www.visitglenwood.com 
www.glenwoodchamber.com 
 
 
 

Lindsey,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you....I have been out of the
office
for 12 days and just returned and am finally getting thru some emails.
There are a couple of things that we here at the BLM need to decide
before
saying who indeed is the contact.  I have taken a new job with the White
River National Forest and have indeed been the one that has managed most
things related to the Storm King trail...
 
I need to speak to my supervisor regarding who might be the best person
to
turn this over to.  Either way someone from the BLM will be able to
participate...howev er at this time I am not sure who that point of
contact
will be...I should know more in the next 2 we
eks as we start to plan out
workload items.
 
Please contact me in a couple of weeks if you have not heard from me by
then.  Its should not be a big deal....its just getting that transition
period worked out.
 
Call me with any questions.
 
Thanks..
 
Kay Hopkins
Outdoor Recreation Planner
Bureau of Land Management
2300 River Frontage Road
Silt, CO  81652
(970)876-9000
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dear Kay and David,
 
I am following up with the email I sent last week regarding a volunteer
crew interested in maintaining the memorials on the Storm King trail.  I
have not yet heard back from either or you and was wondering if you were
indeed the appropriate persons to begin this dialogue with.  We are
hoping
to organize a meeting for November 9th and would very much like for
someone
from the BLM to be represented.
  Please let me know if either of you can
commit a few hours on November 9th for a brief meeting, or if I should
be
communicating with someone else in your office.  I will look forward to
your reply.
 
Kind Regards,
 
Lindsey Lewis
Marketing Project Manager
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
1102 Grand Avenue
Glenwood Springs, CO  81601
 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?