The National Smokejumper Association Colorado Chapter site for information on trail and work projects taking place in Colorado. Maintained by Bill Ruskin (CJ '58).

Thursday, August 04, 2005

September Colorado Project Update

Here is the latest from George Milller (field /operations coordinator for the CTF) on the Colorado Trail September project. There are 15 jumpers signed up as 04 Aug.

"Bill, I have been working on a plan for this project but I still don't have final decisions. I ruled out the Frenchman's Creek bridge due to difficult access. It requires a hard 3 mile drive in and then a hard 1 1/2 mile walk to the worksite. It is in the Wilderness so no chainsaws.

I am going to spend next week scouting and should have a decision by next weekend.

Otherwise the support will be the same as last year plus plates and utensils and anything else we think of.

We can work out menu's anytime. We don't need much lead time on that.

I will get back to you as soon as I get things scoped out." George 04 Aug 05
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?